Friday, August 8, 2008

08/08/08

For some reason, I’ve decided to post a short blog tonight because of this date: 8/8/08. It’s a rhyme of time and I think it’s great!

Garden notes, all be them brief & are as follows:

First Alaska tomatoes are turning orange/red, as are the Early Wonder tomatoes.
I also have a few orange Striped Caverns.

I picked my 2nd straight 8 cucumber and left one at this time to mature for seed saving.

The Iran Pumpkin plant is starting to blossom – with as many as 8 new flowers budding on a short stem of about a foot in length.

The Dragon’s Tongue beans are almost past but still good to pick.


The Yellow beans are young & ready.

The green Empress beans are big and need to be picked.

The Vermont Cranberry beans are happily growing all the way up the 10 foot deer fence and many beans are there – but I’m not picking them until they are dried.

Same goes for the Charlevoix beans, they’re ready as a green bean, but I want the mature seeds.

Looks like next two weeks might be good to get first squash & zucchini started.

The weather is weird for July & August 2008 because of the almost daily rains & thunderstorms. If this keeps up, New England will be more like a rain forest ten years from now!

:)

No comments: